- When the enquiry comes from the customer,the design dept checks whether the present design is possible or not.
- If the present design is possible,then the design is sent to the customer for approval & the normal flow of procedures are carried out from receipt of purchase order to the delivery of goods.
- If the present design is not possible,a new design has to be formed for which the input is required from the sales dept in the form of a Technical Interface Form(sales report).
- After recieving this form from the customer via Sales dept,design dept forms the new design & sends the same for customer approval.
Different Material of Construction
- Material Selection for the components is based on the application of the valve.
- Standard Matl for Regular Thermic Fluid/Steam applications:
1)Castings is WCB 410
2)Forgings is A 105
3)Bellows is 316 Ti
- Material for Chlorine Applications:
1)Body is of LCC/LCB
2)Bellow must be Hastelloy C276 only
3)Trim Parts is Hastelloy/Monel
4)End Connections are Flanged.
- Material for applications of temp higher than 400 deg:
1)Bellow is of Inconel
Why Bellow-Seal Valves?
- A normal non-Bellow seal valve has high chances of leakage of fluid from inside(esp. From gland packing).
- So in critical fluid applications where leakage prevention is a must,these non-Bellow seal valves cannot be used.
- In contrast, Bellow-Seal valves do not allow escape of the fluid through the gland packing,courtesy of the Bellow(which is considered to be the ‘heart’ of Bellow-seal valves).
- Also,if pressure drop is not a concern,then Bellow-Seal Globe Valves is to be used & if uniform pressure is the main concern,then Bellow-Seal Gate valves has to be used.
Pressure Temperature Rating ANSI B 16.34